I have missed soft cheese so much. Philadelphia has always been one of my staples to whip up a quick pasta sauce, risotto or even my favourite white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake (sadly I can no longer enjoy this treat – sob). The other day, though, I was wandering through the cheese section in my local Sainsburys and spotted lactose free Philadelphia. I was literally so excited!! Finally I can use my Philadephia cook book again! The best thing is, I can’t even tell the difference. This could just be because I haven’t tasted it in 6 months but either way, I don’t mind!
Anyway, I decided to make one of my old favourite recipes, and I was so so happy with the results! The pictures definitely do not do it justice by the way. I hate winter lighting.
Ingredients (per person)
1 chicken breast
30g lactose free Philadelphia
1 rasher bacon
handful fresh basil
a couple of leaves of fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 190C fan, 200C conventional
- Finely chop the herbs
- In a bowl, combine the cheese and herbs and stir well to soften the cheese
- Slice the chicken breast almost in half, making sure not to go all the way, and spread open like a butterfly
- If the chicken breast is large, then spread the cheese one one side and fold the other over so that the chicken breast is stuffed
- If the chicken breast is small then just spread the cheese on top
- Wrap the chicken in the bacon slice
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until cooked
And you’re done! I normally serve this with some potatoes and steamed veg.
- Related Entry :
- [Indowebster] – Chicken stuffed with soft cheese wrapped in bacon
- [4Shared] – Chicken stuffed with soft cheese wrapped in bacon
- [Google Drive] – Chicken stuffed with soft cheese wrapped in bacon
- [Rapidshare] – Chicken stuffed with soft cheese wrapped in bacon
- [Dropbox] – Chicken stuffed with soft cheese wrapped in bacon
- [Zippyshare] – Chicken stuffed with soft cheese wrapped in bacon